“Worship provides Christians with an opportunity to leave behind—for momentary and fragile periods—the structures of inequality and violence that pervade our lives and to imagine—even more, to experience—an alternative mode of being, a place and time where justice and peace are known—a foretaste of the reign of God . . . Political organization, action, and protest will always be necessary if we desire to reform society, but we must pursue ritual action as well—where in an environment of beauty and abundance, in gathering with neighbors and strangers, in the encounter of the Holy, we know a joy that makes us dissatisfied with anything less in our every day lives.” -Scott Haldmann
Watch worship livestream
Click here for the worship livestream
View worship archive
Click here to view previous worship services
When is the worship service?
Our Sunday morning worship service is at 10AM.
Where is Brentwood located?
1900 E. Barataria St.
Springfield, MO 65804
(One block east of the Battlefield Mall off of Glenstone)
Where should I park?
You are welcome to park in one of the spaces reserved for visitors (these will be on your left as soon as you enter the parking lot). There is additional parking behind the church building.
Where is the sanctuary?
The sanctuary is located just inside the east doors, which are painted red.
What activities are available for my children on Sunday mornings?
Children’s Church (pre-K thru 2nd grades) takes place during our 10AM worship service.
What should I wear?
Feel free to come as you are and dress as you’d like. Here at Brentwood, you’ll find all different sorts of people from all different walks of life. Some people wear a tie or a dress and others have tattoos and piercings. Some people with tattoos and piercings wear a tie or a dress. You get the idea.
What about accessibility for those with concerns about mobility?
All of the entrances at Brentwood are accessible without having to use steps or stairs, and reserved parking is available at each of these entrances. The west entry is fully ADA accessible, with an automatic door for easy access. The closest parking spaces to the building (along with the best ramp for wheelchair access) is also at the west entry. There is a commercial-grade elevator that allows for easy access between floors. We also have fully accessible ADA restrooms. If you have any questions about accessibility, please feel free to contact us.
Every Sunday morning, we open our worship service with this welcome statement:
- If you are young or old, you are welcome
- If you have brown skin, black skin, white skin, or any other skin, you are welcome
- If you are married or single, you are welcome
- If you are sick or well, you are welcome
- If you are straight, gay, lesbian, or bisexual, you are welcome
- If you are male, female, trans, intersex, or nonbinary, you are welcome
- If you are an immigrant, you are welcome
- If you are a refugee, like Jesus was, you are welcome
- If you cannot hear or see, you are welcome
- If you are fully-abled, disabled, or a person of differing abilities, you are welcome
- If you are happy or sad, you are welcome
- If you are rich or poor, powerful or weak, you are welcome
- If you believe in God some of the time or none of the time or all of the time, you are welcome here…
(Adapted from Shaping Sanctuary)